www.mint.com
"The Best Free Way to Manage Your Money"
I used to do my budget on an excel file, but that was a pain, as I had to keep every receipt, and enter it into categories, etc. Then I found Mint! It does that for you!
Warning: It does require your bank account info, credit card info, however much info you feel comfortable giving. (It has to have that info or it wouldn't work) It really creeped me out at first so I did a little homework. I emailed the channel 2 guy "Get Gephart" and asked him to take a look at it. He said he didn't know a lot about it, but he has seen it "listed in several articles by reputable news outlets." Whatever that means. Anyway, I've been using it a few months and I feel pretty safe about it. The website is also secured by VeriSign, TRUSTe, and McAfee, which makes me feel pretty ok about it. It's made my budgeting life much easier!
www.shutterfly.com
"Tell Your Story"
This one is my creative outlet. I love organizing and scrapbooking my photos, but I never have time or money for that anymore. Shutterfly has been great for me because it's like 'online scrapbooking'. I've recently been working on a Photo Book of all my pictures I took on my trips to Mexico and I've loving how it's turning out. It's fun because when I need a quick break I can sign on and work on it for just a few minutes. Then when I'm done, I'll get it printed and have a scrapbook of these trips I never would have had time to make before!
www.etsy.com
"For All Things Handmade"

Ok, so honestly this may be more of a hindrance to my goal of "saving money," but this website is so fun. I am continually amazed at the talents people share here. I also love the idea of being able to buy completely unique and beautiful items that you would never find at a Target, or Walmart, or anywhere else for that matter. It's a great place to find gifts, decorating ideas, jewelry, etc.
www.allrecipes.com
This is where I find and organize most of my recipes. You can search for recipes and each one has reviews and suggestions of people who have tried it. You can also start your own free recipe box to organize your favorites. It's also great when someone asks you for a recipe, you can email it easily! Another of my favorite features is this: with recipes already on the site, you can change the number of servings you want to make, and it changes the amounts of ingredients for you! Love it.
1 comment:
We use Mint too!
Good job on organizing your life!
Post a Comment