Whew... Well I think I made it through! Some of you may have noticed from a previous entry that I've been feeling a little discouraged, to say the least. This past week I feel like a hurricane swept through my life. I was doing just dandy, feeling pretty good about things, and then WHOOOOM! Every major aspect of my life just seemed to fall apart. Even my immune system! I really never get sick, maybe once a year. Of course it happens when everything else is going wrong. I don't think I got one thing done this week I planned to do, as I was too busy just trying to hold everything together.
At times I felt so completely alone and overwhelmed with doubt. However, looking back over the week, I realize I wasn't left alone for even a second. I can see God's hand in so many instances, even my worst moments. I see him working through all of you.
Like when you came home from a hard day at work, but patiently listened anyway, as you always do.
Or when several of you sent me a text or a kind word. You didn't know how much I needed that.
And of course when you, make me laugh no matter what mood I'm in, share your sweet potato fries, and take me to the movies.
Or when you, who know me all too well and have been through this with me numerous times before, were still so patient and understanding, and brought me a smile with your 'happy thoughts'. (Not to mention the Nyquil and cough drops)
And when all of you, let me come over any time I need anything and feed me truffles, "cookies," and chamomile tea.
Or you, a friend who hardly knows me, amazingly seems to know me better than I know myself. :)
And you, being SO busy yourself, were willing to come over late at night, just to talk.
Thank you for being in my life. I am thankful our paths have crossed. I know Heavenly Father places people in our lives at certain times for a reason. I know why you are in mine.
1 comment:
Colette,
I just wanted to let you know what an example you are to me! I admire the way you interact and help your patients in clinic. You don't rush through the exam but take time to educate them and answer their questions. This is a great quality that dentists will recognize and value! Colette I have all confidence in you.
I have struggled with feelings of doubt and inadequacy my whole life. Its so hard to not compare yourself with the other girls in our program. I really liked the quote on your blog that says "'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a Child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world." This is so true! I've learned (the hard way) that comparing doesn't accomplish anything; in fact it only made things worse for me. The only comparing I try to do now is with myself and how I'm improving with the knowledge I'm receiving. Recently I read a talk by Elder Maxwell called "Notwithstanding My Weakness" that has helped me overcome my feelings of doubt at the beginning of the semester. I recommend reading it... Heavenly Father knows our inadequacies and the heartache that often follows; I have such a testimony of this.
I too feel like I don't have strong opinions (and have thought myself to be boring if I didn't) and that I don't know who I am now. My whole life I've leaned on my best friends and looked to others for my identity and worth. We should definitly chat!
I know at school we're so busy and focused and that we hardly get time to talk. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help! Thank you for your positive attitude and smiling face, it always lifts the "smog of stress" at our clinic. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you get better from your cold!
--Ariel
Post a Comment