Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cookie Monster


I like to consider myself as a pretty healthy eater. When I've got it around, I eat handfuls of spinach every day, just because I like it. I can single handedly finish off one of those huge spinach bins from Costco in about a week. I add flaxseed to my Zoom (yummy whole wheat cereal), I don't like red meat, and I'd eat handfuls of fruit everyday if it wasn't so darn expensive.
However, when it comes to certain baked goods... I'm a goner. There are no limits. I can easily take down five chocolate chip cookies in a single sitting with little shame. Brownies or Rice Krispie Treats are worse, especially when they are still in the pan. When I can't count how many I've had, I take 'just a little more.' And then, "uh-oh, that corner is sticking out... I'd better take that off just to make it even." Before I know it, half the pan is gone, with no one around to blame but myself. But then again, who's blaming anyone? I'm really doing you a favor, right? I mean, somebody's gotta eat those...

4 comments:

Monica said...

In honor of you, I ate at least five cookies today.
But, sadly, I don't have your metabolism...

Amy said...

Cookies? Really? REALLY?! What about Peanut Butter Cups? Cheesecake? Fruit roll-ups? Or even COOKIE DOUGH! Now we're talking...

Colette said...

Fruit Roll-Ups?? Amy....Amy. I thought I knew you better... Maybe fruit SNACKS. But fruit roll ups? Honestly...

Brad said...

An excellent post to read having just finished off five of Monica's fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies.