Friday, August 14, 2009

The wheels on the bus

I've spent most of today on my computer trying to figure out how to use iMovie to make a video of my Honduras pics. I sort of want to shoot myself in the head. Oh, it's user friendly enough... but I'm not computer-friendly. At all.
I've given up. I could never have a computer job. Even if I'm doing something productive on a computer, after several hours of starring at a screen I feel I've lost a significant amount of brain cells.

Anyhow... moral of the story. You will NOT be seeing a video of my Honduras pictures. Well, not anytime soon at least.

Instead, to share my Honduran experience, I'll just be posting each day whatever suits my fancy. Today it's transportation.

Most of my time was spent in a very rural area in the region of Intibuca, in a town called Conception. To get to Conception, we took a 7 hour bus ride on roads that looked like this:


As long and as bumpy as it was, I actually loved the drive. It was some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen.


Once we were in Conception, we used trucks to get everywhere else. Standard was about 11-13 people per truck. The back was pretty fun for the first 10 mins of every drive. Then after 45mins of ducking branches and blistered palms, you got a little tired.


I tell you what, Hondurans know how to pack 'em in.



And if there's one thing I learned down there, it's that
There's always room for 1 more.

Or in this case, 1 more and her 3mo old baby. Sure, hop on in!
(Oh, and this lady had already WALKED two hours when we picked her up. And she had three more hours to go when we dropped her off. She's visiting her parents for the weekend. I will never again complain about driving 1 1/2 to get to my parents house)

No comments: