Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer of the Duffel

Every weekend, I drive an hour and a half to sleep on a friend's couch/floor/air mattress so I can go to work on Friday mornings for usually 3-6 hours. Then I drive back home. So sometimes I end up spending the same amount of time driving to work as I do working. Usually I try to make a weekend out of it, stay a couple days running errands, visiting, etc. So, needless to say, I have been living out of a duffel bag A LOT this summer. As fun as it has been, it's starting to get old. However, this is my last weekend having to do so. It's time for a change.
I am upgrading to a suitcase.


Because in 1 week,



I am going to HONDURAS!!


For the past couple weeks I've been worried that I wouldn't be able to go with all the craziness that's going on down there. In May they had a massive earthquake that jacked up a bunch of the roads. And now they are in the midst of a MAJOR political crisis. It's a mess. Read more about it HERE. (Yes, this is a link to a Wikipedia article but I figure it summarizes everything better than a million news articles)
However, I will be traveling to a very remote area of the country that is considered very safe.
So plans are still on!!

I found out yesterday we are going for sure! (Unless anything majorly crazy happens over the weekend...please no)
We have extremely limited internet access down there so I'll be posting pics and stories when I get back in the middle of August.

THANK YOU so much to all of you who helped me raise money for this! You have no idea how much I appreciate it and how grateful I am for this opportunity!

5 comments:

Eric said...

Good luck! You'll love it!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh I'm glad you still get to go! Good luck!

Jody said...

I can't wait to hear about it! Have fun!

Amber and Ryan said...

Have fun Colette!

Amy said...

You are such an inspiring person. Keep up the great work.