Monday, June 22, 2009

Lazy Summer Days

Today I took full advantage of the GORGEOUS Utah summer day. It's about time it started feeling like summer! I love a good rain storm, but I am ready for some true summer heat.

With all my commuting from city to city across the Wasatch Front, my life has felt a little hectic. In the past two months, I think the longest I've stayed, consecutively, in the same city was the five days last week I stayed in Pleasant View. And even on my free days, I haven't really had a break. The rain has kept me inside working on cleaning, organizing, or whatever. I have a hard time not being busy.

However, the sunshine was calling me today. I tried to work on projects, but every time I looked out the window I would get very distracted. It was simply too beautiful a day to stay inside. So I caved. I found the perfect spot of grass under a tree, with the perfect ratio of sun to shade, and just enjoyed. Mmm.... bliss


Needless to say, it was a much appreciated, good ol' lazy summer day.

4 comments:

Jody said...

Sounds heavenly! What book are you reading?

Christine said...

mmm all i have been doing since school got out is read. i love it! it's not textbooks anymore!

i *shamefully* finished all of the twilight books, and now i'm on to angels and demons and the da vinci code.

any suggestions for when i'm done with that?

Angie said...

Loving the summer reading, now that I don't have anything to study. It's fabulous! And the Utah summer weather is perfect for sitting in the shade to read.
And don't feel like a stalker, I love getting comments from everyone. Keep em coming! :)

Lauren said...

Colette, I just finboxished the Alchemist. I loved it!! Thanks for the recommendation.