Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'd rather be picking berries

As I sit here in the living room, trying to finish up the last project for a class I have neglected the entire semester, I can hear some neighboring childfolk outside.

"We have to pick berries... for our survival."
"I have this special seasoning that will turn 6 berries into 12. Then we will squish them."
"No, there's not enough time."
"What do you mean there's not enough time? There's nothing to do."
"We have to find water. Nobody can survive without water."
"I'm going on a quest for rock"
"I'm going on a quest for something to do."
"HEY! cherries!"
"Wanna have a cherry war? Grab as many as you can. And lots of hard ones."

Sounds like they will survive. I must admit I badly wish I was outside with them. Cherry war and all. Soon enough I myself will be frolicking in divine weather and 'picking berries... for my survival." Summer is calling....

But as for now, I'll be here. Typing away the last of my school days...

No comments: