Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Dream Coming True...

Dearest Family and Friends,
I am excited to share with you that this summer I will be fulfilling one of my long time dreams! Ever since I was 12 I have wanted to go on an international humanitarian trip. I have been more seriously looking into this type of thing for the past five years, and I am finally making it happen.
As many of you know, I have already been able to fill part of this goal with my involvement with the Kaiizen Foundation, on a few quick, but extremely meaningful, weekend trips down to orphanages in Mexico.
These trips in no way quenched my thirst, but only deepened my love for humanitarian work. Also, ever since I decided to go into dental hygiene, I decided that I would someday use my skills as a hygienist to bless the lives of others as much as I can. Now that I am graduating this year, I can wait no longer!
At the end of July, I will be traveling to Santa Lucia, Honduras for a two week humanitarian trip in which I will be able to serve with an organization called Shoulder to Shoulder. There I will be serving in the dental clinic and providing services and education to needy members of the community. I couldn't be more excited about it!

Amazingly, I have already been able to take care of airfare, but I need help raising the $900 trip fee. This covers expenses and supplies while I am volunteering. And here's where I need your help!
First of all, if you are in a position to do so, I am asking for any amount of donation you would like to contribute. Every little bit helps! (**For tax purposes, if you write a check directly to the organization, it is considered a charitable contribution and you will receive a tax receipt**)
Secondly, I would also love to help you out anyway I can in return for helping me. If you have any odd jobs that need tackling, I am up for hire! I will have some free time during the month of May while I am waiting on my dental hygiene license.
And lastly, if you have any other great fundraising ideas, I would love to hear your advice.

Thank you so much to all of you for supporting me and being a part of my life!!

Much love,
Colette

You can contact me through email if you have any questions, etc... colettehinchcliff@gmail.com
or just go ahead and call me!

2 comments:

Christine said...

yay that's awesome that you're going!

Amy said...

You could earn some $ babysitting Ben if you are free!