Hello! Welcome back readers. After a 2 1/2 year hiatus, it's time to dust off the blog. I promised a few of you I'd keep you updated on my Hawaii adventures, but not all of you have facebook/instagram etc. I needed a good excuse to start blogging anyhow, so here we are!
I thought an appropriate first post back would be to address, "What am I doing in Hawaii, anyway?"
That is an excellent question and one I am still trying to find the answer to. Short answer... I was presented with an amazing opportunity I simply couldn't refuse. On mentioning even just the THOUGHT of moving out here for the summer, within 24 hours I was offered a place to live, and two jobs. Everything fell into place so easily and so quickly, I don't think I even had time to think about it. I was able to sublet my Provo housing easily. Job stuff worked out. It was a done deal without even having to push for it. It just kinda happened.
And so here I am. I live with my cousin Blake, and his wife Amanda. Couldn't ask for better housemates. I work two jobs... when I want, IF I want. I still work for my amazing Utah job, but instead of cleaning teeth, I make phone calls and tell people to go get their teeth cleaned. Shout out to Cascade Family Dental! :) My other job is working for Blake at the Tram at Hanauma Bay. Basically I drive a Jurassic Park-like Jeep up and down a hill all day.
The rest of the time... I get to do whatever I want. I have seen some indescribably beautiful places and done some really fun things. (Which I will be posting about later)
It is really amazing and I am super lucky and blessed to be here. But to be honest, it has been an adjustment for me. When it came down to leaving... I didn't want to come. (*Gasp, how can she say that?!) I hate admitting this, but I literally cried all the way to the airport. Why? I was terrified. I like to believe I have an adventurous spirit, and I do in some ways. But when it comes to change (even a temporary change moving to a beautiful tropical island), I struggle. I have a very comfortable life in Utah... amazing job I love, apartment/car I love, friends/family I love. I have NO reason to leave Utah, and was probably getting a little too comfortable, which is probably the biggest reason why I needed to go. But it was hard. I questioned everything.
I am already learning a lot about myself and I'm starting to understand why I need to be here for a few reasons, which I will share more as I come to understand them.
Every time I tell someone how well it worked out to come, and how I'm not exactly sure why I'm here, they say... "You're totally gonna meet your husband!!" Haha I'm not banking on it, but I wouldn't complain if that happened either. :)
Thanks for reading. I'm excited to share my adventures with you.

6 comments:
You are radiant.
i love that you're blogging again! keep it up. :)
Way to live it up!!! I am so happy for your new adventures!
You are amazing! My favorite part has to be, "I'm not banking on it, but I wouldn't complain if that happened either." ; ]
love ya sis!
I love you, Let!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/aplikasi-apotek-online-terbaik
Post a Comment