When I first created my blog years ago, I, as many people do, struggled with wondering what I would write about as a single person. To me, blogs seemed like a married person thing. Blog about your cute husband. Blog about your adorable children. Blog about your new house. Blah blah blog blog blog. What was I to blog about? "Today I went to school." "Today I went to the gym..." "I ate another bowl of cereal."
Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Obviously I got over that, because I am blogging. Can't say it's much more interesting than the above examples... but hey, that's all I got and I'm not ashamed.
However, I have run into another blogging dilemma. This is it...
As a single person who dates, I find myself being less single at times if you know what I mean. And so... how do I introduce you readers to this new significant part of my life? This is my dilemma. Dating is so fickle. One day you're dating someone. Next day maybe you're not. And what do I tell you.... "Hey world, I have a boyfriend!" "Oh... ok. Just kidding. Not anymore." No. I don't like that. So, do I just start slowing phasing him into my blogging world? Referring to him as if you already know him? Just start posting pics so then you think, "hmm... who is that stranger with Colette?" "Are they dating? Is that her cousin?" And then when/if it ends what do I tell you? Do I just stop referring to him? Stop posting pics? Delete any posts I mentioned him in? Oh dear oh dear...
Do you see my predicament here? Obviously I have thought WAY too much about this. Apparently, my solution to this problem has been to just NOT blog for months on end... and then to write an ambiguous blog post about how I didn't know how to write about this.
And so dear void, this is my way of telling you, ah... yeah. Ooh... why is this so hard for me? (Maybe it has to do with the fact that I HATE the word 'boyfriend.' It makes me feel like I'm 12 years old) Ok, here goes... Maybe if I whisper it'll be easier. I'm dating someone! Aah. There, it's done. Happy now? All you curious people.
I figured after 4 months of this nonsense it was time. Not that I'm forecasting anything about the future of my relationship status by posting this, either way, because I am NOT, so don't even try to read into it. STOP it. Right now... I know you're doing it.
Wow, I'm a spaz. But I'm making progress. Maybe in another 4 months I'll tell you his name.
8 comments:
You totally make me laugh. You write the things everyone else is thinking. :) I want you to know that I think he's a great guy...unless things end...
I think we are going to need a little more than that! I'm not sure if 4 months is going to cut it...you should probably get on that.
hahaha, you are so cute....
I was chuckling the whole time I read this. Well congratulations.
Hehe, you make me laugh Colette. Now, should I congratulate you on your non-announcement? Or shall we just play it cool and pretend this conversation didn't happen? ;) Either way, I'll tell you I'm happy for you!
You are hilarious--I think you should make this a professional past-time, this blogging thing. You're good at it!
if this were on facebook, i'd click the "like" button.
I love you Colette! You are are such a crack up and you don't mean to be. You totally deserve to be dating someone. I hope it continues to go well. You are the cutest girl and I wish I still worked with you! Those were some fun times at ashman dental for the summer. We are moving back to Utah so I hope I run into you sometime!
Post a Comment