Thursday, March 26, 2009

Poll: Milk, or no milk?

I have a dilemma of sorts that needs solving. This is very important. Please participate.

Just this morning, I was doin' my thing, eating my usual bowl of oatmeal when my roommate Erin asks,
"Do you put milk on your oatmeal after it's cooked?"
"um...yes?...I think that's normal" I replied, somewhat taken aback that this was even a question.
"So you cook it, and then put milk over it? I don't think that's normal."
"Yeah, it's just like any other cereal. You don't use milk?"
I receive a wide-eyed glance and then, "No, you've seen me eat it at school... I just cook it, and then eat it."
"Hmm, well I'm pretty sure milk is normal." I continued to defend my oatmeal habits, but to no avail.
"I don't know, but I don't think that's normal. I think it's abnormal."

As you can see, we have a true dilemma here. Please help us out....

Eating your oatmeal with milk, after it's cooked is:
NORMAL or ABNORMAL

Please comment with your vote.

14 comments:

Jenny said...

NORMAL! my mom did that all the time when I was growing up. So I eat my oatmeal w/ milk!

Amy said...

Totally normal, although I only do it with plain oatmeal! If it's flavored, instant oatmeal, then no milk for me. But it IS normal!

Jody said...

Absolutely normal! That's how I grew up, although I don't do it so much now only because I'm not a big milk drinker anymore.

trentathon said...

Normal. But eating without is normal too.

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

Completely normal. We have oatmeal at work and I eat it pretty much everyday because I forget to eat breakfast before I leave...you know me. I hate it when there is no milk in the fridge for me to steal. The first time I was faced with this dilema, I added coffee creamer. Very bad idea. The next time it happened, I tried to eat it dry. Couldn't choke it down. Now I just add a little more water after it's cooked so it's not so dry. Oh...one time we had chocolate milk so I added that. What a treat!

Lauren said...

Actually, I think it's abnormal. Sorry, Colette. I don't actually use any milk in my oatmeal. I make it with water and eat it plain. Based on the other comments, maybe I'm the weird one.

Shayla said...

I don't eat oatmeal, but I'd say it's normal. everyone I know who eats it adds milk.

donelle said...

NORMAL! And I'm not just saying that because that's what I do. I've had numerous roommates and most of them I have seen eat oatmeal with milk added after it is heated. But I don't think it's weird to eat it without milk either.

Eric said...

Normal!

Becca Gilbert said...

Normal! On the weekends my mom would even put ice cream in ours!

Christine said...

LMAO - you two crack me up. i love it.

just for the record...you're normal. erin, on the other hand...

:)

Brad said...

As normal as can be.

Taylor said...

NORMAL. You add milk after cooking it to cool it down...and to smooth out the lumps. I mean that's what I do...and I'm the definition of normal.

Amber and Ryan said...

In Erin's defense I think it is disgusting to add milk after; however, I do sometimes make it that way for my daughter. So I think both are normal.