Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Banished

From this day forth, Colette Lara Hinchcliff is hereby banished from all activities considered to be entertaining, enjoyable, or social in nature. This banishment is not to be lifted until the evening of the 24th of March in the year of our Lord, 2009. Until this date, said detainee will be consigned to a hermit life of study and practice of all matters dental hygiene. On this blessed day of March 24th, detainee is to complete both segments of the written Dental Hygiene National Board Exam. Upon completion of this exam, the prisoner will be released and will be *free to live as she so pleases.

*The term "free" is used loosely in this decree as the detainee will still be under binding contract to study and practice for the written and clinical Anesthesia exam to be given on the 17th and 18th day of April, 2009. However, complete freedom will not be granted until the 2nd day of May, 2009, after the completion of the clinical dental hygiene exam.

All readers of this decree are hereby employed to be enforcers of this banishment, for the good of the prisoner and all other personages coming into close proximity.

Dire consequences are to follow for the non-compliance of this decree. Punishment will be inflicted in the form of extreme guilt, excessive worry, sorrow, grief, and uncontrollable weeping the day before and several days following the examination date. In the extreme case of complete negligence to this decree, severe punishment may include failure of examination, and therefore failure at life.

10 comments:

Jody said...

Ah! What about the Beck reunion??? I was so looking forward to seeing you!

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

You are brilliant. This post gets a slow clap and three yes kicks.

My favorite part was when you said, "in the year of our Lord, 2009." I like that. I like turtles.

Shayla said...

HAhahaha. Colette I love you. This post made me laugh. Hang in there. You will do great!

donelle said...

I will pray for you :)

Good luck, Lady! You are going to be AMAZING! You have it in you! Call me when it's all over and we'll party over the phone!

You're almost done. YEAH!!!

Shaylee said...

Sounds like you have a great month ahead of you. Good luck..I'm sure you'll rock it(I was trying to come up with a dental pun but had to settle with rock..that's about as close as I could get to teeth). You'll do great! Cheers to what Amanda said. Great post.

Colette said...

haha...
Don't worry, Jody! I'll still be there. That's my one official exception...

theRach said...

Haha, Colette, I am laughing my scrubs off right now! Sadly, I am considering taking similar measures myself. It seems like every time I sit down to study, Stacy and Clinton magically appear on my TV screen and suck me into their (much more interesting) world.....ahh, I am so glad this is almost over!

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

LMAO you are too funny. but don't stress - you're going to do great!

:)

p.s. the deleted comment was from "me," except i posted it and it said "tyler says..." i decided i better fix that.

Melissa said...

You are going to do great on your boards...I totally feel your pain though. No fun, no fun at all. Don't worry about studying, you'll pass those boards just fine! Good luck!