Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My New Love

Don't worry, this isn't about dating. No, I'm talking about grocery stores. That's right.



Last night I happened upon the greatest little health food market in Orem that brought joy to my soul! It's called Sunflower Farmers Market

This place is awesome. The produce is exceptional. (Monica, you would LOVE this store) I got yummy Gala apples for 39 cents/lb! This was just a quick trip for me, so I spent less than six dollars but I got apples, grapes, potatoes, carrots, AND an onion! The employees are super friendly too!

Ok, so honestly this place is pretty similar to other health food stores (GREAT deals on produce, but a little pricey on other items) but I just love that it is there. The store I used to go to, Harvest Fresh, went out of business a few months ago and there has been a void in life since... until now!

Ok, I know I'm a bit of a nerd for posting about a grocery store, but hey...
cheap fruits and veggies REALLY make me happy.

8 comments:

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

YES! Coco is back! That sounds like an amazing store. I've been going to the farmer's market up here (which is so fun) but I'm pretty sure that will end soon. And hurray for Amy and Steve! Let me know when you go see little Ben. I'd love to join you. Love ya!

Lauren said...

Yay! I love that you have started updating. It was getting kind of hard for me to stalk you. Colette, we have to catch up. I miss you!

Amber and Ryan said...

I love this store too! I have also been meaning to make a post about it because I think it is so wonderful. People tell me I should be their sales rep because I tell everyone about this store.

Monica said...

This makes me very sad that I no longer live in P-town. But it makes me very happy to see my name mentioned on your blog. Thank you!

donelle said...

JEALOUSY!!!! The produce around here is terrible. I'm sure there's some good produce somewhere, but none near where I live. Oh the joys of relying on public transportation!! Love you!

Unknown said...

You are so cute- and you need to update this thinger more! I love that things are still good and I love love the farmer's market... I would say in a snooty (like I know what I'm talkin bout voice) "that is so east coast..." but really... maybe that is for people around here that can go shopping like normal humans with money do...i love that one there though.

Miss you!!

Amy said...

I LOVE CHEAP FRUIT! We don't have a good health food store here...it's really depressing. Only Whole Foods, while is a LITTLE pricey for my taste. Congrats on a good find...that really is something to celebrate!

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

I feel sad everytime I see that stupid picture of produce. Maybe when finals are over you can blog again.